Discovery Deluxe Segway tour Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- Experience the best of Lahaina in a fresh way – on a Segway
- Communication radios – you hear everything our guide will say during the tour
- Receive expert instruction & training on how to ride a Segway
- Glide along the famous Lahaina Front Street and soak in the picturesque views of the history, ocean and sun
- See top Lahaina attractions, like the Banyon Tree, Jodo Mission, Old Prison and more
- Take stops on your Segway adventure to take pictures of Lahaina’s key landmarks
- Enjoy expert commentary on Lahaina and its surroundings from your Segway guide
- Select your favorite pictures and let us frame them for you or have them on CD or USB. Get HQ video from your tour on a DVD or Blu-Ray (additional charge apply)
- Keep the famous Segway Maui “Don’t Hit Me” T-shirt FREE of charge with direct booking*f
After a brief safety video and training we will start the adventure. On our Discovery Deluxe Segway tour in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii you will cruise on a Segway PT through streets of Lahaina, enjoying the ride with traffic and tourism. You will be discovering the history of Lahaina as well as finding out where to shop, eat and entertain yourself. Lahaina’s Front Street has been ranked one of the “Top Ten Greatest Streets” by the American Planning Association. Lahaina was the capital of the Kingdom of Hawaii. In the 19th century, it was the center of the global whaling industry with many sailing ships anchored in at its waterfront. Our guide will take as many photos you want in different spots without any rush. Our deluxe tour is the longest one in Lahaina.
Often called the “jewel in the crown of Maui,” Lahaina is a destination that is experienced by two million people, or 83% of all Maui visitors, annually. Lahaina town is the second most visited spot on Maui after the beaches. On our Segway PT Tour you will visit the historic town, which is nestled between the calm waters of the Auau Channel facing Lana’i island and the fertile peaks and valleys of Mauna Kahalawai (West Maui mountain range). Lahaina has provided a home for many cultures over the centuries, always welcoming visitors to its inviting shores.
When the first Polynesian settlers arrived at these shores well over a thousand years ago, Lahaina offered them abundant freshwater streams, verdant valleys with fertile volcanic soil, warm, sunny days and a pristine, bountiful sea. Even today, much of this can still be said of Lahaina. Steeped in a history which consistently documents its progress from one era to another, Lahaina has retained a flavor of each to this day.
Your safety is always our highest priority, therefore each of our tours begins with a 30-minute orientation session. We will practice on the Segways PT until everyone feels comfortable and is ready. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate.
- 10yrs-16yrs – need to be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian during tour
- 16yrs–18yrs – can go alone but a parent or a legal guardian needs to sign the waiver
- 18yrs and up need to sign waivers by themselves.
Facts and Requirements:
- Check in time: From 7:30 am – flexible based on availability
- Check-in point: 991 Limahana place, Lahaina Hi 96761
- Included: Helmets, reflective safety vest, personal radios, Segway PT
- Recommended to bring: Closed shoes, sun screen, sun glasses. Bottled water and other refreshments including snacks are available at the office for a purchase.
- Age Restrictions – IF UNDER 18: 16 years and younger, but minimum 10 years old, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperon on a tour. (Chaperon form is required.) Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate.
- Weight Restrictions: Weight restrictions are between 75 lbs and 260 lbs for Segway Tours. Weight limits are strictly enforced, and each guest might be weighed at check in.
- Health & Physical Requirements: All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, must be able to step on and off the Segway PT without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. • Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries. • No pregnant women will be allowed to ride a Segway PT. Persons under drug or alcohol influences will not be allowed to ride a Segway PT. • Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by a Segway guide.
- Cancellation Policy: If the tour is cancelled by the tour operator, the full ticket price will be refunded. Cancellations prior to 48 hours are charged a minimum $10.00 per person administration fee. We charge 100% for No Shows or cancellations within 48 hours. Riders may be responsible for all damage to equipment if such damage is determined to be the result of reckless and irresponsible operation by the guest. Online reservations need to be scheduled at least 72 hours prior to the tour and need to be confirmed by phone (808-661-8284 ) for exact time and date.
What to bring: Closed shoes, tennis shoes (tone up shoes not recommended), sun screen, sun glasses. Bottled water and other refreshments including snacks are available at the office for a purchase. Major bank credit card and/or deposit are required.
In a case you are planning to use Maui Public Bus Transit System: The County of Maui currently funds a public bus system that provides service in and between various Central, South, West, Haiku, and Upcountry Maui communities. All buses are equipped with a bicycle rack. Bus Schedule