Haleakala Day Biking Tour on Maui
The Haleakala Downhill Maui Day Bike Tour begins with your free Wailea, Kaanapali etc. hotel and cruise ship pick-up at about 7am. We then return to our Mountain Riders Maui bike tour base, watch the Maui bike industry’s only safety video, have a free continental breakfast and begin our guided van tour of Maui to the Summit of Haleakala National Park. Our Haleakala Day bike tour Guides will provide clients with an extensive history of Haleakala National Park, its geology and an explanation of the rare plants and animals only found on Maui. Upon arrival at the House of the Sun Visitors Center, guests can go to the rim of Haleakala Crater to view into the world’s largest dormant volcano and beyond to the big island of Hawaii. The Maui day bike tour then proceeds to the 6,500 foot level of Mt.Haleakala. There clients are expertly fitted to their bicycles, given helmets and begin their 26-mile bike ride down the slopes of Haleakala , continuing thru the switchbacks of Haleakala Ranch the upcountry town of Kula, Makawao and ending at the beachside town of Paia. Along the way the Maui day bike tour stops at Kula Lavender Farm in Kula for a NO-HOST lunch. In addition to free round trip transportation & continental breakfast.
- Operates: Daily, pick up starts around 6:00 am – 7:00 am
- Departure Point: Pick up and return from most hotels, condos or cruise ship.
- Duration: Approximately 8 hours.
- Equipment: Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pants and jacket, gloves, helmet and state of the art Volcano Chrome Cruiser Bikes.
- Inclusions: Breakfast at our base-yard office. Free round trip transportation to and from your hotel or cruise ship, continental breakfast, Columbia Sportswear windbreaker pants and jacket, gloves, helmet and state of the art Volcano Chrome Cruiser Bikes.
- Menu: Coffee, juice, pastry
- Restrictions: 72 Hour Cancellation Policy. Must be at least 12 years old and 5 foot tall, no more than 280 lbs and no pregnant women. No Scuba Diving the day before the ride or anyone with Medical Problems relating to a 10,000 foot elevation. Anyone who is not capable of safely riding a bicycle is welcome to ride in the escort van.For passengers that may be joining their family members on the bike ride, but may not be interested in biking themselves, we offer an Upcountry Van tour in conjunction with the bike ride. Please check our Reservations/Activities page to learn more about the Haleakala / Upcountry Van Tour for Sunrise or Day tours.