Maui Treasure Hunt & Segway Tour Combo
Maui Treasure Hunt & Segway Tour Combo – If you are nature lovers and adventure seekers, Maui is the perfect place for you, the ideal destination for families wanting to play in the outdoors. That is why we’ve created this awesome combination of the Hawaiian nature and exploring the royal capital of Maui – Lahaina on a Segway PT. That is why we created the Maui Treasure Hunt & Segway Tour. With us, you will learn something new and have fun at the same time.
Maui Treasure Hunt and Segway Tour Combo in Lahaina is very unique and one of a kind. You and your children will have a fantastic time outdoors together! Our tour takes place in beautiful nature, with the most amazing scenery. This is a real outdoor adventure, so prepare to get sweaty! You will be hiking in lush green nature, fulfill fun tasks while searching for a treasure. Your children will have a time of their lives. They will reveal the mystery of a lost treasure and will be the ones to find it. A great time for the whole family, guaranteed. We go rain or shine. If hazardous conditions occur due to bad weather, we alternate our route to the west side of the island, so your adventure is guaranteed!
After this exciting Treasure Hunt, you will be able to visit Segway Maui.
Segway Maui is a holder of Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence since 2012. During the tour, you’ll visit most popular historical sites and attractions, and the famous social hot spots in Lahaina, Maui. Dozens of art galleries and a variety of unique shops and restaurants experience it all in an exciting way on a special Segway PT tour in Lahaina, Maui. The guide will make you acquainted with the vast heritage of the old whaling town with the commentary of each key landmark you stop at. You will get plenty of opportunities to take quality pictures with your peers. You can do both activities on two different days. You can visit Segway Maui any day and time according to your reservation.
- Enjoy an action-packed family tour with hiking, and exploring Maui
- Solve riddles, fulfill fun tasks, and search for a hidden treasure
- Follow a designed map with the whole family in mind
- Swim in a stream or ocean
- Segway PT (a bike of the future)
- Expert instruction & training on how to ride a Segway PT
- Communication radios – you hear everything our guide will say during the tour
- Time: Treasure Hunt – Tuesday – Friday 8:00 am, Segway Tours – Tuesday – Friday 9:00 am or 12:30 pm
- Level: medium hike
- Duration: up to 3 hrs for Maui Treasure Hunt and 2 hrs of Segway Tour in Lahaina
- Length of Hike: Easy, 2 miles max.
- Included: Backpack, snack (granola bar, potato chips, juice) and bottled water during Treasure Hunt Hike, Segway PT, Helmet and Vest (for Segway tour)
- Not Included: Transportation and Gratuity for your guide
- Meet your guide: Kahului, Park n’ ride (Intersection of Highways 350 & 380 – see map below). Meet your guide and let him lead you to Maui paradise. Segway Maui – 911 Limahana pl, Lahaina, HI 9676
- Restriction & Requirement: Our Combo is meant for everyone 10 years and older and a minimum of 75lbs. This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit. All participants must be able to squat down and up without any assistance from another person. We are going rain or shine, no cancellation possible due to weather conditions. All participants must be able to walk without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. If you have a problem walk on the stairs, this activity is not suitable for you. If you had surgery shortly before the journey, you may set yourself into high risk and you may also hinder the rest of the group.
- Cancelation: If hazardous conditions occur due to bad weather, we reserve the right to switch the location (we’ll let you know about those changes via email – check your email day before your Combo adventure) without any entitlement for a refund.
Our customers saying;
- “It is definitely the most unique and the best kids activity on Maui!” (Cathy R., California)
- “Fun for the whole family!” (Mathew C., Arizona)
- “You and your children will have a fantastic time outdoors together!” (Monika W., Illinois)
- Shoes to Wear on our Tours?
Running shoes or sports sandals. Your shoes may get muddy, dirty, and/or wet on any of our hikes.
- Clothing for our Tours?
Shorts and short-sleeved shirts or t-shirts are the best. If mosquitoes really bother you (your guide carries repellent), you could wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. Also, you’ll want to wear your swimsuit so you can swim in the waterfall pools (optional).
- Additional Items to Bring for the Day?
Towel: Waterfall trips include swimming (optional), Sunscreen: Helpful on any tour, Camera & Phone: Please bring a Ziploc or a plastic bag to prevent any damage from moisture. You are responsible for any personal equipment you choose to bring along
- Will There Be a Bathroom on the Trail?
On some hikes, there are toilets or porta-potties at the trailhead. Once we’re hiking, though, we head for the bushes. If you’re uncomfortable using the bushes, please let your guide know before the hike begins so you can both decide what’s best for you.
- Trail condition?
It’s a real outdoor adventure, so the trail might be very muddy. If the trail is unsafe due to weather condition we wouldn’t cancel your adventure but redirect you to a different safe trail, most likely without the option to swim. You’ll receive a confirmation over the phone with direction via email.
- Tipping your Guide?
If you’re happy with your hike, a tip is always a good way to show your appreciation.
- Map of Meeting location for Treasure Hunt
We have a 4 year old, absolutely pirate-crazed son and a 6 year old maps/symbols obsessed daughter………so obviously they LOVED this hike/adventure. Our guide, Andrea, was great! She took the time to get to know each of the kids on the adventure and make sure they each had a fun time. The area of the island I hadn’t been before, is beautiful. The provided snacks and water were a good touch. I would recommend this to anyone with kids.
Fun, New Experience
My 8 year old twins loved their treasure hunt in the jungle with Captain Mark! My daughter said, “It was super awesome because we found treasure and went swimming in the river.” My son said, “It was super cool because we got to follow a trail and be the leaders to get treasure.” It was a great way to see another part of Maui that I’d never experienced before. Capt. Mark knew how to engage our children and had them hanging on his every word. We would highly recommend this experience for kids of all ages!
Fun guided hike for kids
This was a guided hike on the public trails in Iao Valley State Park. Our guide, Mark, was great and shared lots of little tidbits about the area. The hike has a treasure hunt theme for the kids with treasure maps, symbols to search for along the trail, and a treasure chest full of small trinkets at the end. Along the way you get to hike through amazing terrain, swim in the river, and learn a bit about the geology, botany, and history of Iao Valley. It would certainly be possible to hike this area for free without the guide; you’re paying for the fun treasure hunt for the kids and the guide’s knowledge. The best part is that the kids didn’t realize we were hiking – they just thought they were on a treasure hunt, and my husband and I got to enjoy a great hike without any complaints about how boring hiking is. 🙂 The treasure hunt is geared toward young kids, about ages 3-10, although my 13 year old still had a good time. If you don’t have young kids in your group I’d recommend just hiking on your own; this is very much a kid-oriented activity although the adults in the group will still enjoy the hike and watching the kids figure out the map and search for the symbols.
Michael J –
Awesome Adventure for the family!
So much fun! Our children were enthralled from the get go. They loved searching for clues in the tropical rain forest and felt like they were on a true adventure. The guide was great and attentive and patient. He made sure the kids were having fun and the adults. Wish we could do this sort of thing more often, not just on vacation. If your children seek adventure, in a surreal environment, then this is it!
Shari M –
Beautiful and Fun Experience for All Ages
This was such a fun experience! Our tour guide Mark was one of the best guides around. He was charismatic and awesome with our kids! The hike starts out in a beautiful park and only gets better. The hike is not hard at all but it keeps the kids engaged. They have a treasure map that they need to follow and look for markings (clues) along the way so that they know they are going the right way. We were able to pick some fresh guava to eat along the way and the kids are also supplied with small backpacks to use with treats and drinks in them. Swimming in the lagoon was a blast too. Some of the locals came out, so the kids were able to watch them jump into the lagoon from rocks high off the ground. The hike ends with finding a treasure chest with goodies in it for each child. My kids were so excited that they actually found a treasure! The kids then need to follow the map back to where we started. All in all, the hike takes around 3 hours to complete but the time flies by! It is money well spent and will supply a lifetime of memories for the kids and adults!
Jane B. –
“Had a Blast”
On July 12, 2017 my 2 grandsons (ages 9 and 11) went on the Jungle Treasure Adventure. In their words they “Had a Blast”. When I asked them what they liked best they said “EVERYTHING”! Mark was great with everyone! I highly recommend this adventure!*****
Gorgeous hike with a fun treasure hunt for the kids.
We had a great time on our treasure hunt. We have 2 kids under 7 and they had a blast. We went with our whole family including grandparents and the tour guides were fantastic. The hike took us through a beautiful 2 mile stretch and the hunt kept the kids interested the whole time. We also got to swim in an amazing stream which the kids loved. Our tour guides were very knowledgeable about Hawaiian plant life and history which was a nice touch. We got to eat fresh guava off a tree. One of our favorite things we did in Maui. I definitely recommend it!