Segway Sunset Tour in Maui
Segway Sunset Tour in Maui – Enjoy the picturesque Hawaiian oceanfront sunset while you glide through on a Segway PT, end your day in paradise on a perfect note. Segway Sunset tour on Maui is best for couples and also for the whole family, for its tranquility in the intoxicating scenery.
- Experience up to three hours of the ocean breeze and smooth ride on a Segway
- Communication radios – you hear everything our guide will say during the tour
- Receive expert instruction & training on how to ride a Segway
- Glide along with the famous Lahaina town, Canoe park & Kaanapali area and enjoy a beautiful island ocean view
- Take stops on your Segway adventure to take pictures of you and your friend or family
- Select your favorite photos from your tour and let us print and frame them for you. We take and print high-quality digital images with high-quality equipment (Additional charge apply)
- Get HD video from your tour on a DVD or Blu-Ray, we narrate, add Hawaiian music and special footage to your disc (Additional charge apply)
- Keep the famous Segway Maui “Don’t Hit Me” T-shirt or Segway Trucker Hat as a souvenir – FREE of charge with direct booking*
Segway Sunset tour on Maui – a great tour for couples or the whole family! Experience the lush tropical waters of Maui, as you glide into a beautiful ocean shore marked with the unforgettable Pacific ocean breeze. Our Segway shore tour includes the Hanakaoo Beach Park also known as canoe beach and Wahikuli State Park.
Glide with us through “Canoe” beach park also known as Wahikuli park a long border uninterrupted stretch of golden sand between Kaanapali and Lahaina. This beautiful area has been in existence long before Maui became a chic vacation destination and long after the capital of Hawaii was moved from nearby Lahaina to Honolulu on Oahu. A path connects the southern end of Hanakaoo Beach Park with Wahikuli State Park. This Segway shore tour follows the walking path through both beach parks past grassy picnic areas and shady Ki awe and palm tree groves. With easy access from Lahaina or Kaanapali and excellent beach, BBQ and picnic facilities, the parks are popular swimming and snorkeling. A very nice family-friendly area with a wide and expansive sandy beach. Hanakaoo beach park has very calm water in the early hours of the morning, and it is an excellent location to see giant sea turtles (honu) when snorkeling close to the shoreline. Enjoy refreshing ocean breeze along with cozy ocean surf and see island canoe clubs do their daily workouts and the old plantation cemetery next door. Let’s get a photo of beautiful ocean coast views and a clear sight of the Hawaiian island of Lanai.
Your safety is always our highest priority, therefore each of our tours begins with a 30-minute orientation session. We will practice on the Segways PT until everyone feels comfortable and is ready. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride. Unfortunately, pregnant women will not be permitted to participate.
Facts and Requirements
- Check-in time: 3:30 pm – time may vary depending on sunset time
- Check-in point: 991 Limahana place, Lahaina Hi 96761 (see map below)
- Included: Helmets, reflective safety vest or T-shirt, personal radios, Segway PT
- Recommended to bring: closed shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Age Restrictions – IF UNDER 18: 16 years and younger, but minimum 10 years old, must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or chaperone on a tour. (Chaperon form is required.) Guests between 16 and 17 years old must have a parent or guardian present at check-in and sign waiver to participate.
- Weight Restrictions: Weight restrictions are between 75 lbs and 260 lbs for Segway Tours. Weight limits are strictly enforced, and each guest might be weighed at check-in.
- Health & Physical Requirements: All guests must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity, must be able to step on and off the Segway PT without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. • Guests must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries. • No pregnant women will be allowed to ride a Segway PT. Persons under drug or alcohol influences will not be allowed to ride a Segway PT. • Guests must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by a Segway guide.
- Cancelation Policy: If the tour is canceled by the tour operator, the full ticket price will be refunded. Riders may be responsible for all damage to equipment if such damage is determined to be the result of a reckless and irresponsible operation by the guest.
In a case, you are planning to use Maui Public Bus Transit System: The County of Maui currently funds a public bus system that provides service in and between various Central, South, West, Haiku, and Upcountry Maui communities. All buses are equipped with a bicycle rack. Bus Routes Maps
LAHAINA OFFICE – – Please park your car on Limahana street.
We booked this activity from our Holland America cruise ship. Mark met us at the pier where the tender docked. He drove us to his office where we started with filling out extensive paperwork. Then we spent about a half hour getting trained and acclimated on the Segway. Mark was a great instructor and very patient. After the 5 of us felt comfortable, we set off on a one hour city tour with Mark in the lead. We had headphones so we could hear everything he was saying. He lead us all around and it was great fun and not as difficult as expected. I should mention we were all seniors! I would definitely do this activity again. Mark took wonderful pictures of us which we could purchase after our trip.
Martin H –
Segway with Mark in Lahaina
My wife and I had a wonderful 2 hour Segway tour with Mark touring downtown Lahaina along Front Street in Maui. There were a total of 5 riders on this tour. Three had never road segways before. Mark took his time training all of us before we started our 2 hour adventure. For those of you who have never been on a Segway ….what are you waiting for? It isn’t that difficult and is a lot of fun. Mark took us down to the famous Front street and gave us a brief history of the town and showed us landmarks that we missed even though my wife and I have visited Front Street more than a dozen times.Mark communicated with the five of us during our tour with wireless earbuds that we were equipped with.He also took a lot of pictures of us that we could purchase after the tour at a reasonable price.Give it a try ..you won’t be disappointed!
A FABULOUS EXPERIENCE!!
A First Class operation in every way! VERY safe… and our tour guide Mark was FANTASTIC!!! We are now using them for a private guided drive on the Road to Hana! We HIGHLY recommend them!
Even a clutz like me did not wreck !
I was pretty nervous because I absolutely have no balance. I was really afraid that I would kill myself or at least wreck the Segway. Well glad I tried it. It was extremely surprised how fast it was to learn to ride. The staff was great. They were patient with a few older couples but all of them learned pretty quick also. The only bad thing about the whole thing was that all good things come to an end. Our whole group was wishing we had another time booked. I would highly recommend trying it. Not so fast that you miss all the sight seeing but fast enough to have fun. Thanks again to the great staff !
JK F –
What a fun time!
We had been on segways before but needed to refresh ourselves and Mark was FANTASTIC. He was very patient and so knowledgeable! I would recommend this tour to anyone! It was fun to see the historical town of Lahaina this way.
Mark was AMAZING That did our tour!!!
We did this tour was incredible and a must do for anyone! My mother that is 78 years old did this with no problem. Mark was patient and took his time training her and all of us. So so easy to learn and his instruction and light and happy spirit was refreshing. TY Mark! From the OKIES!!
Wendell F –
Fun way to see Maui! And the sunset—wow!
My wife and I did the afternoon sunset tour. It was so much fun! Mark was patient in training us, and he was an excellent tour guide as well! We covered a lot of ground, the three hours or so flew by, and the sunset near the historic Banyan Tree was simply gorgeous. BTW, my wife and I are both in our 50s. The Segway was easy to learn, we always felt safe, and it got easier and easier as the tour progressed. This is a must-do when you come to Maui!
Heidi T –
Once again an amazing time had by all. Our tour guide Darin was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable of historical sites, town of Lahaina/whole darn island! Interested in trying another tour with Darin, possibly Taste of Maui food tour.