Harley Davidson Motorcycle Guided Tour to Hana
Harley Davidson Motorcycle Guided Tour to Hana is a ride that everyone wants to experience. Winding roads stretching endlessly into the horizon, miles of lush tropical rain forests and beautiful waterfalls at every turn, narrow one-lane bridges, plunging pools, and dramatic seascape. Imagine all that from the top a motorcycle saddle. Enjoy your bike ride with us on a Harley Guided Tour. The best bike adventure on Maui!
Our journey starts and ends in Kahului. Once we meet you in the parking lot, we can go together to the HD store in Kahului where we pick up bikes. You have the option to rent it for 24 hours or longer. Our guided journey is about 10 hours long. You might consider renting the bike for more than just a day and discover other places of the island on a self-guided tour later on. You can rent a bike in Kahului, Kihei and Lahaina, if you need a suggestion or advice please let us know.
What’s on schedule;
After a brief orientation, we take off. Going east as we continue on the infamous road to Hana, we cross a little hippie town Paia. The Road to Hana is world-famous for the natural beauty of its unblemished landscapes and towering waterfalls. It is also called the “Divorce Highway” because it has caused quite a few arguments among some couples. Don’t worry; it’s not going to happen to you, since you are not sharing a vehicle 😉 Once we get to Hana town, we take a break and recharge our energy during lunch in a local restaurant. Once rested and refueled we continue our journey.
Pushing the limits we continue through 52 miles of winding tiny roads with 617 hairpin curves and 56 narrow one-lane bridges through a tropical rainforest which might be full of surprises. We pass by several famous Hana waterfalls, taste local Banana bread, take pictures of Black sand beach, and the Seven sacred pools.
During the ride, the road demands your attention as you enter the unpaved areas. While leaving the dust behind, open the throttle and enjoy beautiful and smooth scenery ride through Kaupo area, Tedeschi Winery, and Kula upcountry all the way back to Kahului.
Tour Reservations: Reservations are necessary, and advance reservations strongly recommended, as tours often sell out in busy times, and group size is limited for safety and quality. To avoid disappointment and maximize your chances of getting the day and time you prefer, make a reservation at least 2 days in advance online or by phone
Facts and Requirements:
CHECK-IN POINT: meet your guide front of the Harley shop at 150 Dairy Rd, Kahului, HI 96732
CHECK-IN TIME: 8:45 am
TOUR DURATION: 8-9 hour
INCLUDES: Our guide and bottled water
NOT INCLUDED: Bike rental (needs to be reserved and paid separately), gratuity for your guide is not included in the price, but tips are greatly appreciated for a job well done!
- WHAT TO WEAR: Helmet is provided with a bike rental. Maui weather can change in an instant, so watch the forecast and wear appropriate rainwear if needed. Long-sleeve T-Shirt or extra Hoodie is a good idea, long pants, and good, comfortable shoes are mandatory. Gloves if preferred. Sun visor/cap and sunglasses are handy, as well as an insect repellent. Apply or bring sunscreen. Great, original T-Shirt souvenir from HD tour on Maui is available for purchase here.
- EXTRA: GoPro camera rental with an 8 GB memory card for you to take home (additional payment required). You can get professionally edited DVD or Blu-Ray as well – please let us know in advance.
- WHAT TO BRING: A camera is a must-have – You can bring yours, but our guide will have one of the best Sony HD 20Mp cameras to take pictures of you and your group. The printed pictures or Photo CD/USB card will be available for purchase. GoPro Rental is also available here. Often overlooked, but what a difference a smile and a sunny mood make, not only for you and your guide but for the others on the tour. Let’s have fun and enjoy each other’s company on our ride! An extra bottle of water or juice is not a bad idea; our guide will have bottled water also available! Bring snacks if desired.
- CANCELATION: 72 Hour Cancellation Policy. All riders must be 21 and up with a valid motorcycle license. Group and private rides are available upon request. Expecting mothers and those with serious medical conditions as well as those with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate. Rescheduling 72 hr for all reservations.
- Motorcycle guided tours: Save on Maui professionally guided motorcycle tours and the only guided Harley Davidson tours in Maui. Definition: a Motorcycle Guided Tour is a tour where your tour guide is the #1 rider in your group and leads the rest of the group along the route. The Tour guide is in constant visual contact with each other to ensure that nobody in the group will get lost and have access to the water supply at all time.
- Tour Safety: Safety is paramount, and your guide is well-versed in Maui laws and traffic patterns. Here are some pointers: Bikes follow the same traffic rules as other motorists, including obeying signs and signals. Helmets are required during the tour. Bikes are not allowed to ride into or through grass park areas or beaches.
150 Dairy Rd, Kahului, HI 96732
From Wailea / Makena / Kihei – the Southside of the island
Highway 31 (Pi’ilani Highway) – head north.
Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311.
After 10 minutes, look for big church (King’s Cathedral), then move into the left lane.
Turn right onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy) and Harley shop will be on your left on the next intersection.
From Lahaina /Ka’anapali /Kapalua – the West side of the island
Head south on Highway 30 as if you’re going to Kahului Airport.
Turn right onto Hwy 380.
About 5.5 miles down, you’ll see the Harley shop on the left side of the intersection.
Motorcycle guided tour meeting point: