Maui Treasure Hunt – the Best for Your Kids!
Maui Treasure Hunt is the ultimate adventure for your kids. Pack the kids up, leave your worries at home, and let them join us in a true adventure while you enjoy your free time! Or come along!
- Enjoy an action-packed family tour with hiking, swimming (not guaranteed, weather permitted), and much more
- Swim in the river, fulfill fun tasks, discover beautiful island nature, and search for a hidden treasure
- Follow a designed map with the whole family in mind
About Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure
Maui is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike – an ideal destination for families wanting to play together in the outdoors. We explore this friendly country through a multitude of activities: hiking in deep forests, swimming in a lagoon (optional and not always possible due to weather), crossing a river, searching for a treasure.
It is definitely the most unique and the best kids activity on Maui! Fun for the whole family! Make the most of your family time outdoors on our Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure! Our tour starts in beautiful nature, in Maui green forests with the most amazing scenery. You and your children will have a fantastic time outdoors together! This is a real paradise adventure, so get ready to get wet and muddy. You will be hiking in the woods, and fulfilling fun tasks while searching for a treasure. Your children will have the best time of their lives. They will reveal the mystery of a lost treasure and will be the ones to find it. A great time for the whole family, guaranteed. No other activity like this anywhere else. Up to 3 hours of fun.
Facts and Requirements:
- Check-in Time: 7:45 am for 8:00 am tour
- Level: Easy to moderate
- Duration: up to 3 hrs
- Length of Hike: no more than 2 miles
- Included: Backpack, snack (granola bar, chips, juice), and bottled water
- Not Included: Transportation and Gratuity for your guide
- Meet your guide: Kahului, Park n’ ride Kahului Park n’ Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311 just before entering Kahului. Meet your guide and let him lead you to Maui paradise.
Restriction & Requirement:
- Our treasure hunt hiking adventure is meant for children 3 years and older. But we welcome children of all ages. Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult and adults must assist the child during the hike. Our guide is not going to watch your little one. He is too busy keeping our older Keiki safe and busy while looking for a treasure. This activity is intended for participants who are physically fit. All participants must be able to squat down and up without any assistance from another person. We are going rain or shine, no cancellation is possible due to weather conditions. All participants must be able to walk without assistance which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending without the support of a handrail or other walking aid. If you have a problem walking on the stairs, this activity is not suitable for you. If you had surgery shortly before the journey, you may set yourself at high risk and you may also hinder the rest of the group.
- CANCELATION POLICY: If hazardous conditions occur due to bad weather, we reserve the right to switch the location of our Maui Treasure Hunt without any entitlement for a refund.
Additional Information about Maui Treasure Hunt Adventure:
Shoes to Wear on our Tours?
Running shoes, water shoes, or sports sandals. Your shoes may get muddy, dirty, and/or wet on any of our hikes.
Clothing for our Tours?
Shorts and short-sleeved shirts or t-shirts are the best. If mosquitoes really bother you (your guide carries repellent), you could wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt. Also, you’ll want to wear your swimsuit so you can swim in the river (optional).
Additional Items to Bring for the Day?
Towel: Swimming is optional, Sunscreen: Helpful on any tour, Camera & Phone: Please bring a Ziploc or a plastic bag to prevent any damage from moisture. You are responsible for any personal equipment you choose to bring along. Therefore we can take photos during the tour you can purchase on CD or USB, or video on GoPro you can also purchase on DVD or Blu-Ray and you can order online or via phone. You can also rent GoPro camera from us.
What Does Stardust Hawaii Provide for the Day?
Water, Snacks, Backpacks, Ponchos, in case of rain, Insect repellent, if needed, And, of course, our guide to keeping you safe.
Will There Be a Bathroom on the Trail?
No public restroom is available. For that said, once we’re hiking, though, we head for the bushes, but if you’re uncomfortable using the bushes, please let your guide know before the hike begins so you can both decide what’s best for you.
It’s a real outdoor adventure, so the trail might be very muddy. If the trail is unsafe due to weather conditions we wouldn’t cancel your adventure but redirect you to a different safe trail, most likely without an option to swim. You’ll receive a confirmation over the phone with directions via email.
Tipping your Guide?
If you’re happy with your hike, a tip is always a good way to show your appreciation.
Meeting Location and Driving Direction:
Kahului Park n’ Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311 just before entering Kahului.
At the Intersection of Highways 311 & 380.
GPS coordinates: 20 degrees, 52 minutes, 30 seconds north, 156 degrees, 27 minutes, 43 seconds west (Intersection of Highways 350 & 380) https://goo.gl/maps/EVajnWcrviT2
From Wailea / Makena / Kihei – the Southside of the island
Highway 31 (Pi’ilani Highway) – head north.
Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311.
After 10 minutes, look for a big church (King’s Cathedral), then move into the left lane.
Turn left onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy).
Go 200 yards and turn right into “Park n’ Ride” commuter lot.
Park your car against a concrete block wall and meet your guide.
From Lahaina /Ka’anapali /Kapalua – the West side of the island
Head south on Highway 30 as if you’re going to Kahului Airport.
Turn right onto Hwy 380.
Five miles down 380 there’s a concrete block wall on left.
Turn left across the highway into the Park n’ Ride commuter lot against that wall, park your car, and meet your guide.
Maymie Noble –
What a great excuse to convince the family to go for a hike on Maui! Stunning stunning stunning! My 6 year-old really enjoyed the treasure hunt and hike adventure. It was too difficult of a hike, but it did take a little over 2.5 hours. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the local vegetation and we even tried some wild guava! The river runs right through the valley and there is a wonderful spot where it pools. It was absolutely inviting us for a swim, but we had lunch plans at another fabulous restaurant. Definitely worth a try!
Michael J –
Awesome Adventure for the family!
So much fun! Our children were enthralled from the get go. They loved searching for clues in the tropical rain forest and felt like they were on a true adventure. The guide was great and attentive and patient. He made sure the kids were having fun and the adults. Wish we could do this sort of thing more often, not just on vacation. If your children seek adventure, in a surreal environment, then this is it!
Shari M –
Beautiful and Fun Experience for All Ages
This was such a fun experience! Our tour guide Mark was one of the best guides around. He was charismatic and awesome with our kids! The hike starts out in a beautiful park and only gets better. The hike is not hard at all but it keeps the kids engaged. They have a treasure map that they need to follow and look for markings (clues) along the way so that they know they are going the right way. We were able to pick some fresh guava to eat along the way and the kids are also supplied with small backpacks to use with treats and drinks in them. Swimming in the lagoon was a blast too. Some of the locals came out, so the kids were able to watch them jump into the lagoon from rocks high off the ground. The hike ends with finding a treasure chest with goodies in it for each child. My kids were so excited that they actually found a treasure! The kids then need to follow the map back to where we started. All in all, the hike takes around 3 hours to complete but the time flies by! It is money well spent and will supply a lifetime of memories for the kids and adults!
Gorgeous hike with a fun treasure hunt for the kids.
We had a great time on our treasure hunt. We have 2 kids under 7 and they had a blast. We went with our whole family including grandparents and the tour guides were fantastic. The hike took us through a beautiful 2 mile stretch and the hunt kept the kids interested the whole time. We also got to swim in an amazing stream which the kids loved. Our tour guides were very knowledgeable about Hawaiian plant life and history which was a nice touch. We got to eat fresh guava off a tree. One of our favorite things we did in Maui. I definitely recommend it!